Inspections & Permits
The Building Division of Code Enforcement is also known as the Permits and Inspections Division. Ricky Ash is the Building Inspector for the City of Blytheville. Mr. Ash is charged with ensuring that all construction performed within the city-limits complies with state and local codes. The City requires that the following listed permits be obtained:
The City of Blytheville uses these current code books:
- Arkansas Fuel Gas Code 2006
- Arkansas Mechanical Code 2010
- Arkansas Plumbing Code 2006
- Building Code: Arkansas Fire Prevention Code 2012
- National Electric Code 2014
Permits & Inspections Required
The following may require permits and inspections:
- Additions to your house
- Accessory buildings (ex. sheds, workshops)
- Covered patios
- Metal carports
- Swimming pools
Permits are required for:
- Any electrical work
- Any plumbing work
- Any mechanical work
To find out if you need a permit call 870-763-4733 before you begin any project.
Plan Submission & Plan Review
For all new construction two copies of the plans must be submitted. The plans must be stamped by an Arkansas licensed architect or structural engineer. It may take up to five working days to review the plans. The building inspector will call the applicant once the application and plans have been approved and permits are ready to be issued.
- All commercial plumbing plans must be reviewed by the Arkansas Department of Health in Little Rock.
- All electrical, plumbing and HVAC work must be performed by an Arkansas licensed contractor. To schedule an inspection please call the office at 870-763-4733.
- Fire Code Inspections are performed by the Fire Marshall. The Fire Marshall can be reached at 870-532-5006.
- Once the construction is completed and has passed the final inspection, a Certificate of Occupancy will be issued.
- Fence and sign permits are issued by the Environmental Division.